Every dessert deserves a crowning touch. Here’s a luscious coconut whipped cream topping you can make in 1 minute, using full-fat canned coconut milk. This topping is Vegan, Paleo, dairy-free and I think it’s tastier than whipped cream or any substitute. Just keep a can of thick coconut milk in the refrigerator, such as Thai Kitchen Organic full fat (not Lite). Use it to garnish your desserts in moments. Makes about 2/3 cup coconut whipped topping.
- 1 (14-ounce) can very thick unsweetened coconut milk, full fat, such as Thai Kitchen brand
- 2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking) or your favorite sweetener.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill the coconut milk in the can for 8 hours or overnight, until it thickens into a lovely cream. (Better yet, keep a can in the fridge at all times!)
- Open the can and poke a hole in the top cream with a spoon. Pour off the thin milk from the bottom to use in something else. Stir in the sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Serve!