I can’t remember what happened. I spun the blender, and somehow poured this sauce on the Chocolate Brownie Waffles. I’ve no memory after that. Just pure berries. Perhaps I just blacked out or drifted into a parallel dimension, transported further away with each bite. This is the easiest sauce I’ve ever prepared. And it tastes sensuously wonderful on everything. Maybe it was the deep fuchsia color. I have no words – and can’t even write this post. When I come back, I’ll try to describe my experience. Makes 1 1/4 cups sauce.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen blackberries. (Reserve a few whole berries for optional garnish)
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Dash vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sweetener, such as Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking), or raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- Place all items in any blender. Blend until smooth.
- If you wish to remove the seeds, strain the sauce through a medium gauge strainer into a serving bowl using a flexible spatula to push/scrape the sauce through, and tapping lightly. Save the seeds, and plant them.
- Pour sauce over pancakes, waffles, or spread on muffins and toast. Enjoy!