Make this yummy, rich, satisfying treat in just a few minutes. Smooth, creamy sweet potato with coconut butter tastes just like butterscotch pudding. AND it’s a healthy vegetable! Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene and Vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant. They’re loaded with Vitamin B6, which is crucial in preventing hardening of the arteries. Sweet potatoes are also high in fiber, which gives them a “slow burning” quality. Just blend the ingredients slightly warm, and they’ll soften into a lovely pudding quality. It tastes wonderful eaten right away warm, or you can chill it to thicken even more. This is delicious with Instant Coconut Whipped Cream. Serves 2.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed and steamed 5 minutes until soft, warm
- 1/4 cup Just Like Sugar Table Top natural chicory root sweetener (not Baking), raw honey, or your favorite sweetener.
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, warm. (Place the jar in a container of hot water)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened and warm, same as above.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon maple flavor
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch of orange or lemon zest (micro-grater is best)
- Pinch unprocessed salt
- 1-2 tablespoons raw Yacon syrup (optional)
- Place the coconut butter and coconut oil jars in a pan or sink of hot water to soften them. They will melt at 78 degrees.
- Peel, cube and gently steam the sweet potato. Drain well.
- Place all ingredients in any blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into dessert cups and enjoy immediately. Or chill to thicken.
- Optional garnish: Instant Coconut Whipped Creme and/or a sprinkle of cinnamon